Exall had acquired three tracts of land from the Cole heirs totaling 834 acres, north of Dallas, along Turtle Creek. He sold the land to a group of Pennsylvania investors who simultaneously bought another former Cole tract from Walter Caruth of 492 acres. The cost was $377 an acre for the 1326 acres to be developed as a residential community known as Philadelphia Place.